Sealant For Lash Extensions
What Does Eyelash Extension Sealant Do And Do I Need It?
There are a variety of factors that can cause your client’s eyelashes to fall out after walking out of the salon. In many cases, investing in a good bottle of lash sealant can help to retain your client’s eyelash extensions!
Eyelash extension sealant is especially beneficial for clients who suffer from the followings:
- A build-up of dirt, oil and other pollutants from day to day living
- Any residue that may be left over and built up from makeup products
- Dry and brittle eyelashes, short or sparse eyelashes
- Irritations, redness, infections or soreness around the eye line
Blink Eyelash Extension Sealant (7flml) is the perfect at home aftercare product to extend the life of eyelash extensions. Black Diamond and Crystal Drop sealant protect the lashes from oil, moisture and dust and offers a thicker, more vivid look. Black Diamond dries with a black tint while Crystal Drop sealant dries clear.
Extra Tips when using an eyelash extension sealant:
- When you apply a lash extension sealant, it will temporarily create this ‘wet lash’ look. That’s totally normal. It is important to use a new, dry lash wand to spread the lash sealer all over the extensions (and volume fans especially) so the extensions don’t stick together.
- Don't apply a sealant all the way onto your skin (lash line) but give it about 2~3mm room from the lash root. (It's really tricky to clean the coating sealant when applied on the lash line!)
- Just like any other water-based aftercare product, we recommend our lash clients use a coating sealant 48 hours after the lash extension application when the lash adhesive is completely cured.
- In case you want to apply a sealant onto your client’s fresh lash set at the end of the service, avoid applying the sealant to the part where the adhesive is applied.
- Lastly, if applying a sealant at the end of the service is part of your salon’s application routine, we recommend you use a “brush-tip” lash coating sealant, instead of a “mascara-tip” lash coating sealant. Using one mascara type lash coating sealant on several clients’ lashes carries a risk of cross-contamination if any of your clients has an infection. So, wet a new, fresh lash wand by using a brush-tip sealant and use the lash wand on client.
- Once opened and used, the recommended shelf-life for one bottle is 6 months.
- The black Diamond lash sealant is formulated with proven ingredients like allantoin, hyaluronic acid, essential B Vitamins to ensure your client’s natural eyelashes gets the hydration, protein, and vitamins they need.